Tuesday, December 12, 2023

COVID Character: Lutz

Since the start of the pandemic, I have played more role-playing games than I ever have before. I thought I'd use my space to introduce you to my characters, and give you a little background about the system they're in, what they're like, and what they're doing.

Lutz


Aliases: Sarah Sonner (her secret identity)
Pronouns: She/her
Character Concept: A super-powered figure skater
Character Stats: It was FATE, so there weren't that many!
Campaign: I don't think it had one
System: FATE
Campaign Status: Completed!

Lutz is one of my old characters from City of Heroes. Remember City of Heroes? Such a good MMO.

A friend of mine invited me along to play a superhero game using the FATE rules, which was run by one of their friends. Based on the initial pitch, it sounded like some good, clean fun with a dash of goofy humor thrown in. So I decided to have Lutz lace up her skates and triple Salchow crime right in it's face!

Lutz's origin story in the tabletop game was the same as her origin from City of Heroes. Sarah Sonner was a figure skater who was an Olympics hopeful, only to have her dreams tragically dashed when she was run over by a radioactive Zamboni. Shortly after her accident, she discovered that she had gained ice powers, and so she decided to use them to FIGHT CRIME.

Lutz's introduction to the game was as follows: She had been hired to be a stunt double/skating trainer for a major motion picture. When weird shenanigans started threatening the star and the set, she teamed up with the star's bodyguard (who was also a superhero) to get to the bottom of things. 

Later on, the duo became a trio when we joined up with a superhero who was also a social media personality. We fought sympathetic villains who had been wronged by their corporate overlords, went to war with those corporate overlords, and occasionally visited the city zoo to speak with Doctor Gorilla, world reknowned scientist!


No comments:

Post a Comment