Wednesday, December 6, 2023

COVID Character: Brian Debney

Since the start of the pandemic, I have played more role-playing games than I ever have before. I thought I'd use my space to introduce you to my characters, and give you a little background about the system they're in, what they're like, and what they're doing.  

Brian Debney

Aliases: The New Guy
Pronouns: He/Him
Character Concept: A sensible, solid bloke and Great War Veteran
Character Stats: Investigator who is a Private Detective
Campaign: Masks of Nyarlathotep
System: Call of Cthulhu, 7th Edition
Campaign Status: Suspended, for now

Brian was the replacement investigator that I played while Catherine Planchett recuperated in a London hospital. I decided to make him a private investigator who was looking into some recent murders, although he didn't know the murders were cult related. I then had him go to Catherine's hospital room to interview her about her attack and managed to get myself invited along by the rest of the party.

Brian wound up tagging along for two of the England chapter's side missions that weren't part of the main campaign. He encountered a nice old lady in London that turned out to be a serpentperson and a nice young lady in Edale who turned out to be a ghoul. 

It turned out that he was way more helpful than I expected because, since he was a native, he had a better understanding of the lay of the land, the culture, and so forth, which was really useful. He also wasn't as hamstrung by the Customs department as his American friends, and was armed with his Webley the entire time.

Brian said goodbye to the group once Catherine got better. I thought I would never see him again, but it turns out we met up with him in our latest adventures in Kenya. On the Mountain of the Black Wind. Where he was imprisoned, out of his mind, and about to be sacrificed by the Cult of the Bloody Tongue.

That was a surprise cameo, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment