Tuesday, January 2, 2024

COVID Character: Casimir Daggerford

Since the start of the pandemic, I have played more role-playing games than I ever have before. I thought I'd use my space to introduce you to my characters, and give you a little background about the system they're in, what they're like, and what they're doing.

Casimir Daggerford

 
Aliases: Norbert J. Casimir, IV (They named the dog Daggerford)
Pronouns: He/him
Character Concept: "I want to play something really different!"
Character Stats: 3rd level CG Loxodon Artificer (Armorer) and Archaeolgist
Campaign: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
System: D&D 5e
Campaign Status: Ongoing
 
We decided to play D&D again, and I decided that I wanted to play something unusual. I had never played an artificer before, and the idea of playing an elephant person sounded really appealing (though I almost went with a tortle instead). 
 
I had been playing some...let's call them "ethically challenged" characters previous to this, so I also decided to go back to my comfort zone and play someone who was basically a good person. Casimir started out as Neutral Good (my default D&D alignment), but quickly shifted to Chaotic Good when he hid under the table to avoid the first fight.

So, who's Casimir? Well, he's a former archaeologist and current artificer. He's a good natured guy who gets along well with others, is a team player, and is just a little bit too full of himself. He's happy to expound upon any topic he knows anything about with little provocation. He started out as a history buff and a healbot, with little in the way of other useful skills. Now that he's gotten his 3rd level artificer specialization, he's going to reinforce our very thin front line with his teched up armor and his THUNDER GAUNTLETS!

We have recently completed the second chapter of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. So far in this campaign, we met Volo (yes, that Volo). Casimir fanboyed over Volo and got him to sign one of his books. Once that was done, we did a little favor for Volo in return for a promised payout of 100 gold.Of course, it turned out that Volo was strapped for cash, so he gave us the deed to a haunted manor in one of the nicer sections of Waterdeep.

Casimir had some previous experience with creepy tombs and ancient ruins, but had thus far never seen any ghosts or spirits of any kind. He repeatedly told his companions that the manor wasn't haunted because ghosts don't exist.
 
Cue the ghosts showing up and Casimir leaping into the dragonborn's arms, Scooby-Doo style.
 
We dealt with some of the ghosts, as well as with a big mess that someone had made in the basement of the manor. We have gone on to start work on renovations, pay off the various city guilds, and make plans to turn our new home into a tavern. 

I'm sure that's going to be the focus of chapter three!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment