Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I'm Doing a Thing!

Hi there.

My name is Geoff.  I'm a writer, a LARPer, and a game designer.  My writing focus tends to be on fantasy and science fiction, but I've done some other stuff as well.  At the time of this writing, I'm working on revisions to a dystopian novel.  I hear they're all the rage right now.

This is my blog.

I'm not entirely sure how much I'm going to be writing here.  It is possible, like many projects of mine, that this one will be abandoned shortly after it begins.  My brain, you may come to learn, is a fickle and ridiculous thing.

The reason why I'm staring this up is because I've learned quite a bit about writing and game design in my time here on Earth.  Maybe what I talk about here will help you with your own writing and games?  Maybe you will find what I have to say interesting?  I don't know.  Time will tell, I suppose.

Since this is my very first post on this blog, I thought I might talk about what sorts of things you're (probably) going to find here.  They include:

  • Wisdom I've gotten from older, more experienced, and better writers. Hopefully not too name-drop-y.
  • Tips and tricks I've picked up over the years.
  • Interesting writing problems and observations that have come up in my writing group.
  • Maybe some reviews.
  • Random intrusions from Forebrain, Hindbrain, and the other voices in my head.
  • Maybe examples of my own writing to better illustrate my points.
  • Some random LARP memories from games I have run and played.
  • Shameless shilling of my own games and stories.

Now, with all that being said, let me see if I can cobble something together and make an intelligent and engaging second post...

No comments:

Post a Comment